Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pop Print

Our next assignment was a pop print piece. We had to draw an object that means something to us and I chose a rose. After we drew it we had to darken and thick in the lines so that when we cut them, we will be able to see the lines. After that we placed our drawing on top I the stamp piece and pressed down on it so the lines show up on the stamp. We then cut around our drawing and it appeared on the stamp. Once this was all done we got to paint it my color that we wanted. The overall result turned out very nice. I chose a rose because I really like how they look and it reminds me of the movie Beauty and the Beast. Once I got the concept down I was able to make quite a few and it got easier, until you run out of colors you haven't used yet. In the end this was a fun experience and I would gladly do another if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment